I am in the midst of preparing cupcakes for one of my dear friends weddings. She asked if I could make a White Wedding Cake Cupcake for the taste test. So I did some research and found a few recipes I liked. I tried one and it didn’t turn out well, the consistency of the cupcake was just bad. So I made a few revisions and this is what I came up with. They taste amazing! I used my white chocolate buttercream for the two weddings I did (by their choice). Like I said, you can’t go wrong with that frosting!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose soft-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter and shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt
- Add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in extracts.
- Spoon batter into cups, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks before frosting.