If you have ever been around me during this time of year, who am I kidding? ANY time of year, you know that I love smore’s. This is one of my favorite treats! So when I had a chocolate cake box mix that was handy and I was craving something sweet, the first thing I thought of was smore’s! I don’t usually use cake mixes, but for this, it is perfect :).
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 1/2 full graham crackers
- 1/2 bag of white chocolate chips
- 1/2 bag of semi-sweet (or milk chocolate) chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows (or what I did is 1 cup mini and 1 cup regular marshmallows)
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8×8 inch baking pan with tin foil that’s been generously sprayed with cooking spray. Make sure foil goes all the way up and over the edges for this one. It will be a full pan
- Place cake mix, egg, and butter into a large mixing bowl. Mix with hands until a nice dough forms. similar to a cookie dough.
- Press half of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Layer with graham crackers, chocolate chips then marshmallows.
- Top with remaining half of dough pressing evenly.
- Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over top then bake for 25-30 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven. Let cool for 5 minutes
- I personally think this is much better served warm, but it is good either way! Enjoy 🙂
12 to 16 servings