Several of my family members and my boyfriend both think that butterfingers are the best candy out there. So I made the decision to try and make them from scratch. These turned out with almost the exact flavor of the real butterfingers! It isn’t quite as crunchy in the middle but still so good! Plus it is really easy with only 3 ingredients.
- 16 oz candy corn
- 16 oz peanut butter
- 16 oz Milk Chocolate chips
- Melt candy corn in microwave by heating for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until completely melted.
- Add in peanut butter and mix until thoroughly combined. If mixture gets too hard to work with, microwave for another 30 seconds and then stir to mix.
- Mixture will be warm to touch, but you need to form into egg shapes and place on parchment paper.
- Place in freezer for to set. Ideally leave in freezer for several hours to make chocolate set up quickly in next step.
- Melt chocolate in a pan over boiling water.
- Dip eggs in melted chocolate. Make sure to coat completely. Then return to parchment paper.
- Place eggs back in freezer to set