One of my favorite treats that I make around the Holidays are Scotheroos! I like them with lots of chocolate on top but some don’t so I always make some with a little more and some with a little less. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 package (6 oz., 1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Place corn syrup and sugar into 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter. Mix well.
- Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Spread evenly over cereal mixture. Let stand until firm. Cut into 2 x 1-inch bars when cool.
Note: Before measuring the corn syrup, coat your measuring cup with cooking spray–the syrup will pour easily out of the cup.