So my older sister is a big fan of giving me recipes she thinks she will like and having me try them out. Well this is one of those recipes! She got it from their town’s pumpkin festival. It turned out to be pretty good. I think my pumpkin pie cupcakes are a little better but this is a great fall cupcake as well!
PUMPKIN CHIP CUPCAKES
- 13/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 Cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 Cup honey
- 1/3 Cup water
- 1 Cup Miniature chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- Combine the eggs, pumpkin, oil, honey and water; mix well.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until combined; fold in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or foil-lined muffins cups three-fourths full.
- Bake 350* for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 1 Package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/4 Cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Cups confectioners’ sugar
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- Frost cooled cupcakes.