Once again, here I am making delicious pumpkin recipes! I can’t help myself this time of year. It is just part of the atmosphere that requires pumpkin smells in the house! I had made these before, but I have finally perfect the recipe and thought I would share with you!
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 (15-ounce) can of pumpkin
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Beat the eggs, brown sugar, oil and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the pumpkin .
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture half a cup at a time, blending each time until smooth.
- Drop a heaping tablespoon of batter onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Then use a moist finger or the back of the spoon to flatten each mound.
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool. Mine are a little bigger than I would’ve liked. The do not really change size from what you put on the baking sheet. So size them the way you want them to look.
Whoopie Pie Icing – the easiest recipe to make!
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp of vanilla
- 4-5 tbsp of milk
- 2 cups of confectioners sugar
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 cup vegetable shortening (I use crisco)
- 1/2 cup butter
- Combine egg whites, vanilla, milk, sugar, flour shortening and butter together in a mixer.
- Mix until well combined and smooth.
There you have it! A simple and fun recipe to make by yourself or with the kids. As soon as everything is made just take to similar sized cookies and spread a nice amount of icing on the flat side of one. Connect the two flat sides together and you have a delicious whoopie pie!