Pumpkin is one of my favorite ingredients. It is the main reason I love fall! My grandma was preparing a menu for a pumpkin themed dinner and I was helping her with desserts and soups. I found this recipe and it is so easy! Most soup recipes require using real pumpkins and roasting them, etc. That is time consuming and messy! So I finally found a decent recipe, tweeked it for my taste buds and whala! I hope you all enjoy this as much as I did!
- 1 15-ounce can of pumpkin
- 1 can of Vegetable Or Chicken Stock
- 1/8-1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/8 cup Maple Syrup
- Dash Of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Salt To Taste
- Extra Cream, For Serving
- In a pot, heat up the pumpkin with the stock and maple syrup until simmering.
- One it is simmering, transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor (or use an immersion blender) and puree until velvety smooth.
- Add cream and pumpkin pie spice, then blend again.
- Reheat if you need to, or just go ahead and serve. This isn’t the prettiest display, but I was hungry! I have seen people take small pumpkins and use a hollowed out pumpkin as a bowl and they look really cute. I just added cream to the top but some roasted pumpkin seeds or even some roasted pecans would probably be really good on top!