My brother-in-law is a sweets kind of guy. Because of this, sometimes he will just send me random recipes and tell me I should try them. Last week, while he was killing time in a hospital waiting room, he found this recipe and asked me to make it for him! So when I was at their house yesterday, I went to the kitchen and got to work. They end up being really awesome! A bit rich so take them in small doses, but they are yummy!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups of regular chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon of shortening for the shell
- Cream butter and sugar together. I did this with my hands.
- Add milk, vanilla and flour and mix well. Again, I used my hands.
- Add in the mini chocolate chips and mix for the final time.
- Roll into 1-inch balls
- Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- While they are in the refrigerate, start melting the chocolate for the shell.
- Add 2 cups of chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon of shortening into a glass bowl or double broiler pan.
- Place over pan with water on the stove. The steam will melt the chocolate. Do this slowly so as to not burn the chocolate.
- Once chocolate is melted and the balls are firm, use a toothpick to dip each ball into the chocolate.
- Place back in the refrigerator for another 30 minutes to set the chocolate.
You don’t have to store this in the refrigerator since there are no eggs in the batter. However, they taste much better if you let them stay in the refrigerator. Trust me when I say this is a little ball of awesomeness!