Living alone sometimes makes for boring dinners. It is just so hard some days to cook a full meal for one person! The dishes really aren’t worth all of that! This is a dish that is easy, quick and easy to clean up from. It also is just as good leftover as it is fresh, which for me is a very good thing.
- 1 pound of sausage
- 1 box of rotini ( I use the Kroger brand, it works wonderful!)
- Roughly 1 cup of ketchup
- Roughly 1 cup of Barbeque Sauce ( I use Montgomery Inn sauce – nothing better)
- Shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Boil your water and cook rotini per box directions
- While waiting on your rotini to cook, in a frying pan, brown your sausage
- Once sausage is browned completely and drained, add your ketchup and barbeque sauce in small increments until you are happy with the taste. I typically use more barbeque sauce. Remember that this mixture is going to be added to the whole box of rotini, so you want it to look runny so there is enough flavor in the pasta. You can change the amounts of sauces based on how much you want in the dish. This is very much up to individual taste buds!
- I also then add about 1/4 cup of shredded cheese to this mixture to start the process of the cheese integrating itself.
- Once Pasta is cooked, drain.
- Add your sausage mixture to the pasta and mix completely. (add more sauce if you feel it isn’t integrated enough)
- Grease a glass baking dish of your choice
- Add your now mixed rotini to the glass dish and sprinkle about 1 cup of shredded cheese on top. (based on the size dish you may need more or less) Some of this will melt into the rotini but most will just bake on top.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese is completely melted, roughly 6-9 minutes.