So as promised, one of my new cucumber recipes. With so many cucumbers growing in the garden, you get tired of raw cucumbers. So I decided to try something new.
- parmesan cheese (grated)
- little bit of oil (preferably olive oil)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice a cucumber in slices. Make sure they are thick enough to withstand the heat and hold the cheese. If you make them too thin they will burn in the oven before they are really done. The ones below worked but I wished they had been just a bit thicker after I baked them.
- Line a baking sheet with Reynolds Wrap and then line up the cucumbers on the baking sheet and dabble a bit of oil onto the cucumbers.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on top of the cucumbers. Make sure you put enough on to really bring out the flavors.
- Sprinkle on the grated parmesan cheese over the salt and pepper. How much is really up to you and how cheesy you want them to be.
- Finally put them in the oven and bake for 15 – 20 minutes based on how your oven cooks.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I did for a late night snack! I also like to sometimes sprinkle on just a little bit of soy sauce for a saltier taste!