So last night I was sitting on my couch craving something chocolate and sweet. The only chocolate I had was chocolate chips. I had had a long day and didn’t want to actually bake. I wanted something fast and delicious. So I started searching and I found something labeled with 5 minutes and chocolate cake! I looked at a few recipes and combined a few to make the one below.
Why is this yummy and dangerous? Well it is yummy because it is chocolate, it is cake and it is just delicious! Dangerous? Well quite simply it is dangerous because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!
This cake is enough to serve two if you want or if you are really wanting to treat yourself, don’t share! The whole mug full is only 145 calories. So even if you do indulge in the whole mug, you aren’t completely ruining your calorie intake! A typical piece of homemade chocolate cake is around 250 calories, and any chocolate cake at a restaurant is getting more into the 300-600 calorie limits. What is better than a homemade chocolate cake that you can eat without blowing your diet. Okay enough jiber jaber… onto the recipe.
5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
- 1 Coffee Mug
- 4 tablespoons flour (that’s plain flour, not self-rising)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional) some nuts (optional)
- Small splash of vanilla
- Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.
- Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla, and mix again.
- Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes on high. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don’t be alarmed!
- Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate IF desired. ( I like to keep mine in the mug :)) EAT